Friday, August 2, 2013

On a roll

     Honestly, I really was on a roll today.  I was so engrossed in my work that I felt like someone pressed the fast-forward button.  In turn, that made me think of "The Sims", which made me think about my post from the other day.  I can't believe that I didn't mention "The Sims" when I wrote about video games.  Where was my brain? 
     I think the reason "The Sims" and each of the subsequent sequels, garnered so much success is because we all like to run the show.  For those of us who are control-freaks, it is the perfect game.  Essentially, you get to play God.  What could be better than that? Well, I can only think of one thing....writing.
     Unlike the video game, writing allows you to create any world you desire.  You are only limited by your own imagination, rather than the program.  There are no surprises.  Everyone reacts exactly the way you planned and there are no obstacles beyond your capabilities.  In the game, occasionally, your Sim will throw a temper tantrum and refuse to do the task you've selected.  I find this amusing.  It is even funnier when the Sim stomps his/her feet and pitches a fit because they're hungry but the task you selected was "order pizza" or "have a snack".  It seems peculiar to me that the Sim doesn't recognize the command as being the very thing they want.  Meanwhile, I'm talking to the screen saying, "Yeah, I know.  I'm trying to give you what you want so knock off the tantrum and just do it, already!"  Sometimes, I wonder if God looks at us and thinks the same thing.  Food for thought.... Sleep well.   

No comments:

Post a Comment