Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Prepping for Z-day

     I have a confession to make.  I love watching those "Doomsday Prepper" shows on television.  There, I said it… Even if I don’t necessarily agree with their ideology, I always learn something new.  Sure, lots of people make fun of the preppers.  Their friends, neighbors, and sometimes even their family may think they’re going to extremes.  It all seems a little like overkill until you watch the evening news. 
     In light of the recent uproar in Syria, and allegations of chemical warfare, I imagine that there is a certain degree of comfort in being a hardcore prepper.  Part of me wonders how long it will be until chemical warfare escalates.  Biological warfare could be next.  Of course, you know that means one of two things: super flu a la The Stand or zombies.  I really wish some of the Doomsday Preppers would, at least, mention preparing for a zombie uprising.  I think they should dedicate the entire month of October to prepping for the Zombie Apocalypse.  I know plenty of people, myself included, who could give them some tips.  I can dare to dream, can’t I?  Sleep well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment