Thursday, August 8, 2013

Changing Gears


     I regret to admit, as I sat down to work on my post for today, my gut reaction was to rant about my crappy Internet provider.  Since I have been fighting with it all day, I can’t even guarantee that my post will actually make it up tonight.  However, I don’t feel that it is fair for you, the reader, to absorb all that negativity.  I can’t imagine why anyone would want to read my angry, sarcasm–laden tirade so I’m changing gears. 
     Instead, I’d like to focus on exciting events on the horizon.  For example, I recently sent out some queries so I anticipate finding a new agent soon.  Obviously, the much anticipated and glorious day when I find a publisher to release my book, ranks at the top of my list.
     On a less personal note, there is a plethora of fun and entertaining activities brewing this fall.  Just seeing pre-season football airing on television was enough to get me in the mood for fall.  On the sporting front, October is my favorite month for sports.  Football is in full swing, the playoff and World Series (even though my Phillies will not make it) will be on, and the NHL will be back on the ice. 
     We can also expect to see new, hopefully terrifying, horror movies hitting the theaters.  Especially with Halloween just around the corner, horror fans are gearing up for the spookiest time of the year.  If the big screen disappoints, we can look forward to the fall lineup on TV.  I am anxiously awaiting the third season of “American Horror Story” on FX.   It goes without saying that AMC’s The Walking Dead is must-see TV. 
     With full contact sports, blood, and violence on the horizon, it looks like this fall is shaping up to be entertaining.  Sleep well.     

No comments:

Post a Comment