Saturday, August 10, 2013

The sign of a good show

     I've come to the conclusion that, one of the marks of a really good television program, is when, either my sweetie or I, talk to the characters.  If we’re both shouting at the screen then, it’s a winner.  On a side note: we would never, ever, do that if anyone else watched with us.  (Unless, we specifically invited friends over to for our own version of MST3K)  We are sticklers for audience etiquette in public places.  Plain and simple, you do not talk during public screenings because it is rude.  We are both in agreement that people who talk in movie theaters should have their tongues torn from their mouths with hot pincers.  Or, at the very least, they should be tarred and feathered or locked in stockades outside of the theater.  If you’d like to read about other forms of torture, be sure to click on my Archives, look under “July,” and select “Torture Devices”.  I’m sure you can find one to tickle your fancy.  

      But, back to the topic at hand, television programs.  In the privacy of your own home, you are free to behave in any way you choose.  I do not know how we fell into this silly practice but I noticed it this morning.  Because of our conflicting schedules, we usually DVR our favorite shows so that we can watch them together.  In this case, we DVR’d a new show that sounded interesting.  This one had it all, great acting, an interesting storyline, and murder within the first three minutes.  I’d say, given our reaction, we've added a new show to our list.  Hopefully, my dreams will be filled with death and dismemberment.  It’s always fun to come up with new ways to maim those pesky punks who text and Tweet in the cinemas.  Sleep well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment