Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Search Results: Zero

I had a grand idea to research the property where I grew up.  There had to be some kind of documented murder or suicide to explain the spirits in our house.  I hate to admit it but it was not as easy as it looks in the movies.  I love Google but, no matter what keywords I used, I could not get any information.  Next, I went to the County website to look up the records on the property.  I entered the exact address and the township name.  Again, I yielded zero results.  Literally, it said “your search yielded 0 results”.  Folks, it seems the entire address has been obliterated. 
     Rather than accept that the county’s website has drastic flaws, I decided to let my imagination run wild.  After all, that’s what I do best.  What if the house was a portal to another dimension?  For over a century, that house served as a gateway between the world we know and the spirit realm.  My bedroom was the toll bridge that monitored the traffic passing through.  While the house stood, both dimensions were on a parallel trajectory.  About eight years ago, when the house was torn down, the portal was destroyed.  Because both dimensions splintered from the parallel timeline, it caused a tear in the space-time continuum.  In this world, house number 1565 no longer exists but now there is no trace-not a single record.  Instead of the house being the portal, I   became the portal.  Only a connection with me allows a glimpse into the once stately, old home and the spirits who were able to cross over.  I checked my old photographs and not a single picture of the house itself remains.  Sure, I have pictures of friends and family in different rooms but pictures of us outside, that showed the house, are all gone.  I’m feeling a little like Marty McFly in Back to the Future.  The pictures completely faded because the timeline shifted and the reality that once was, is no longer.  When I am gone, the last connection between that house and this world will disappear.  Only time will tell if a new portal will be opened.  Until then, sleep well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment