Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Ding Dong the Witch is....Closed?

      I rarely throw in my two cents when it comes to political matters but this time I just can’t hold my tongue-or more aptly, my fingers.  Our nation’s leaders are behaving like Kindergarteners.  Instead of holding their breath until they get their own way, they took their metaphoric bats and balls and went home.  I can’t help but wonder what our founding fathers would think of this kind of behavior. 
      I’d like to think that our Founding Fathers would take a very old-school, fatherly approach.  Perhaps, they’d take those spoiled brats behind the woodshed and whoop some sense into them.  I’d pay good money to see a ghostly George Washington or specter-like John Hancock dragging Senators or Congressmen out by the scruffs of their necks and “tanning their hides”.  Instead of a Boston Tea Party they’d throw a “D.C. Paddling Party”.  
      Regardless of your political affiliations, or lack thereof, the time has come to look beyond the differences and start caring about what really matters: securing a nation of freedom and prosperity. Once upon a time, men gave their lives to grant us freedom and this is not the way to repay them for that sacrifice.  And if we don’t, someone just might break out the Ouija board and recall the ghosts of America’s past.  Sadly, the government would have to temporarily shut down again because they wouldn’t be able to sit for a week!  Sleep well and CYA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment