Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Serial Killer's Diary: Part 11

**Warning: these entries may be graphic and, hopefully, frightening.  Keep in mind this is merely fiction.  No humans (or animals) have or will be harmed in the production of this blog.  All names have been chosen at random and are not meant to represent anyone, living or dead.  Any similarities are purely coincidental** 


10/15/13   7:10 AM

I can’t sleep.  I had a horrible dream.  I dreamt the police were investigating the Hemlock thing and they were able to trace that I’d been researching Hemlock (even before Nikki was poisoned) by my computer’s IP address.  I woke up just as they slapped the cuffs on my wrist.  I swear I can still feel the cold steel clamping down and it makes my skin crawl!  From now on I will need to do my research at the library-preferably in printed encyclopedias so there’s no trail back to me.  I can’t believe I was so stupid. My computer has to go.  As much as I hate to do it, I have no choice but before I do, I need to find out how to strip the computer completely.  Be back soon….. 

7:33 AM  

Okay, I’m not proud of it but I managed to destroy both my computer and, regrettably, the Flemming’s microwave.  I couldn’t use my own.  Bad enough I have to buy a new computer, I can’t afford a new microwave too.  Mr. and Mrs. Flemming are like clockwork.  Every morning they leave at precisely 6:58 AM to meet their other retired pals for coffee and breakfast.  After they eat, they go walking at the mall. That left me with plenty of time to dig their spare key out of the fake rock in their flower bed and torch my trusty laptop.  Needless to say, those yappy little ankle-biters were going nuts the whole time.  It’s a miracle I didn’t test the Hemlock on those mongrels but it would break Mrs. Flemming’s heart and she’s always been good to me.  With no other way to shut them up, I tossed a couple of Milk-Bones into their crates to get some peace and quiet.  After my laptop was cooled enough to touch, I locked up and returned the spare key to its hiding place.  In the privacy of my apartment, I then proceeded to smash the warped pile of waste into tiny bits.  It will go out tonight with the rest of the garbage then tomorrow to its new home at the landfill.  Adios Amigos.  I’m going to stop over at Best Buy on my way to work and see if I can find a decent replacement.  From now on, I have to be more careful.  I’m going to sit down tomorrow and start mapping out my plans for Dick.  It could happen as early as next Wednesday and I need to be on top of things.  No more mistakes!
   
10:43 PM

I am one lucky SOB.  Best Buy had a really nice laptop on clearance and I got an additional 20% off because I applied for their credit card.  I never used to believe in signs but I’m a believer now.  I am on the right path.  

No comments:

Post a Comment