Saturday, July 13, 2013

Sucked in by the hype


     Generally, I trust my instincts when it comes to movies but every once in a while I fall prey to the hype.  I hate to admit it but I was totally sucked into the build up surrounding “Sharknado”.  In spite of the awful reviews and Twitter-bashing, I just had to watch it.  Besides, my sweetie and I have a contest going for whoever can find the worst movie.  I was just awarded the undisputed title...at least for now.  I can honestly say, I have not laughed that hard in a long, long time!
     I have a rule.  I always try to find something positive to say when discussing someone else’s work.  In addition to having a good laugh, which then rolled over into a great evening, I also had fun picking out the “Jaws” references.  “Sharknado” was chock full of quotes and scenes giving a wink and a nudge to everyone’s favorite shark movie.  Just for fun, we broke into a rousing chorus of “Show Me the Way to Go Home” while watching.  Obviously, “Sharknado” isn’t going to be nominated for any Academy Awards but its ludicrously over-the-top premise was a laugh riot.  I'm glad I was "sucked in by the hype".  

No comments:

Post a Comment