Saturday, June 22, 2013

You can't believe everything you see.

     It is always an event when my family gets together.  More often than not, by the time I return home, my sides ache from laughing.  Today was no exception.... 
     After dinner we were sitting around the table, talking and laughing, when my brother tells us about a video he had seen on YouTube.  Side note: if you ever needed proof to support my June 19th claim that common sense is uncommon, YouTube is the place to go, but I digress.  The video is titled Ape with AK-47.  For those of you who haven't seen it, the video opens with text stating that the video is  "Primate Behavior Reference 21 of 27" followed by "Ape with AK-47 Footage from West African Soldier".  Next it cuts to a group of soldiers at their camp taunting a chimpanzee.  One of the soldiers, as a joke, hands his weapon (an AK-47) to the ape and his pals all laugh while taking pictures with their phones.  Their laughter is cut short when the chimp cocks the gun, then opens fire.  The soldiers all dive for cover and the final scene is the ape with the rifle over his head in victory.  When my brother told us about this crazy video, my oldest nephew immediately brings it up on his phone.  Unfortunately, his screen is only about 3 1/2 inches, at best, so we missed the teeny-tiny writing in the corner saying "20th Century Fox".  Also, we weren't able to see the link just below the video for Fandango to purchase tickets for "Rise of the Planet of the Apes".  Without those key pieces of information, it would be very easy to believe the video was filmed with someone's phone.  I got a good laugh when I got home and watched it again on my laptop! 
    Likewise, there is a "commercial" circulating all over the internet that people claim is an actual ad overseas.  The "commercial" for tampons is from the film, "Movie 43" where two women go into the ocean and one is swallowed by a shark that launches about 10 feet into the air.  The other woman was safe because she was wearing the right protection.  By the way, you can also find this on YouTube under "Russian Tampax Commercial". 
     Honestly, I wish it was a real commercial.  It was awesome!!  Just between you and me, a little part of me wishes that ape video was real too.  It would make the movie "Planet of the Apes" a documentary.  Like I said, you can't believe everything you see.   

No comments:

Post a Comment