Tuesday, June 18, 2013

When inspiration strikes!

     For those of you who don't know, I am a HUGE Stephen King fan!  As a kid, I would sneak his books home from the library and hide them because my mom didn't approve.  I've read "The Stand" so many times I've lost count!  No other writer can consistently keep me on the edge of my seat quite like him.  Today, I saw a Stephen King quote that I liked so much I just had to share it .  He said, "Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work".  I agree wholeheartedly!  It is imperative to keep writing every day. 
     With that being said, today I want to talk about those uniquely perfect days when inspiration hits you like a ton of bricks.  That's what happened to me last week.  I was tweaking a scene in my second book, "Journal of the Undead: New York Outbreak" when I had a minor epiphany.  Since then I've been working on a whole new ending.  I had liked the earlier version but the new ending will be even better.  I love writing and I can't think of anything else I would rather do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment